Thanks to all those who attended the webinar: Solitary Confinement is a Crime.
We were glad to be able to bring together such a wide-ranging panel of speakers from around the world as well as so many justice campaigners making their case against cruel and inhumane imprisonment.
Close to 150
people were in attendance. For those who were not able to be there on
the night, you can watch it
You can contact us at Payday@Paydaynet.org
In the meantime, below is a list of the speakers and campaigns from the webinar.
Sara Callaway for Women of Colour Global Women’s Strike
Sam Weinstein for Payday Men’s Network
· Kevan Thakrar
o Latest Action Alert: Get Kev out of Segregation
· Khalfan Al-Badwawi quoted in Declassified UK - ‘’Colonialism never ended’: The elite British cabal propping up a Gulf dictatorship’
Susie Winter, An Untold Story-Voices
· Derek Summerfield – A profile: Politics and Psychiatry
· Sahar Francis Addameer, Prisoner Support and Human Rights Association (Palestine)
· Deepa Govindarajan Driver, Set Julian Free
· Mumia Abu Jamal
o Buy his extraordinary book: Jailhouse Lawyers – Defending Prisoners v. the USA Mumia Abu-Jamal • Foreword by Angela Y. Davis Introduction by Selma James
· JENGbA campaigning to reform of legal abuse by Joint Enterprise law.
· UNGRIPP campaigns on behalf of prisoners and ex-prisoners serving the Indeterminate Sentence for Public Protection (IPP) in England & Wales
· Sign the letter to the Royal College of Psychiatrists protesting their endorsement of prison segregation units
· Agreement to end hostilities by men held in long-term solitary in Pelican Bay State Prison in 2012.
· To write to Kevan Thakrar:
o By email: https://www.emailaprisoner.com/ (You will need his prison number A4907AE)